Your first visit
On your first scheduled appointment, please bring:
- Driver’s license or a valid form of identification
- Insurance card/information
- Prescription/Referral letter
- Reports, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and any other relevant information
- List of medications you’re taking (if any), including vitamins and herbal supplements
- Any additional authorizations required by your insurance company
Your first visit will involve a detailed discussion about your recent or chronic injury. Your physical therapist will perform a complete examination and evaluation of the injured area, which will include specific tissue testing, gait analysis, functional screening, biomechanical analysis, etc. Your therapist will then present their findings to you and do her/his best to explain their treatment plan in detail. Following the evaluation, your physical therapist will begin treatment to the injured area and take you through an individualized exercise program. You will also be given a specific home exercise program.
After your first day, each subsequent visit will include:
- One-on-one, hands-on treatment from your therapist. She/he will address tissue tightness, joint dysfunctions, movement pattern problems, and flexibility. During this time your therapist will be also be able to re-assess your injury and keep track of your progress.
- An exercise program designed by your therapist for your specific injury/activity level. Monitored by your therapist, your physical therapy aide will help you safely complete your exercises and get you out the door and back to your day as quickly as possible!